One of my favourite things to make at the weekend is protein pancakes. There’s nothing like waking up on a Sunday and knowing you have a nice stack of pancakes to look forward to! I like to keep my pancake batter pretty simple, and then can add flavour with different toppings. I’ve kept the ingredients for the batter pretty basic, I hate when recipes require random ingredients that you only use once, then just have in your cupboard forever! Protein powder is the only ingredient you may not already have, but it’s sold pretty much everywhere these days, and is incredibly versatile!
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 20g oats
- 25g protein powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil/1 calorie spray for frying
- Toppings of choice – Greek yoghurt, berries, chocolate chips, maple syrup etc.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on the hob and add some oil/1 cal spray
- Add the eggs, banana, oats, protein powder, and baking powder to a Nutribullet/blender and whizz it all up until smooth
- Add a little batter to the heated pan, and cover with a lid – this helps it cook faster and more evenly
- When you begin to see little bubbles on the pancake, it’s time to flip it – the key to it not falling apart is a good quality non-stick pan!
- Assemble your stack of pancakes, and then add toppings – see below for ideas
Nutrition – 404kcal 39g Carbs 13g Fat 35g Protein
Topped with coconut choc shot and raspberries
The batter doubled and topped with melted nutella and chocolate chunks
Topped with melted chocolate orange spread and berries
Topped with grated dark chocolate
Topped with blueberries and chot shot
Let me know if you try them!